We get it, people panic after an auto accident and no one is ever prepared, however, what happens in the few hours following an auto accident can affect the outcome of your case. Here are some tips of what NOT to do when you are involved in an auto accident.
1. Don’t refuse medical care after an auto accident, you don’t know how serious your injuries might be.
2. Don’t admit fault to an auto accident to anyone, you may not have all the facts on how the accident occurred.
3. Don’t leave the scene of the accident without exchanging insurance information and taking photographs or video of the scene and of the vehicles involved.
4. Don’t give the other party’s insurance company a statement. The adjuster’s true objective is to extract information from you that will minimize your claim. If you hire a personal injury attorney, you don’t have to speak to the insurance company, simply refer them to your attorney if they contact you.
5. Don’t wait, the statute of limitations on personal injury claims in Texas is 2 years. Hire a personal injury attorney to get the claim submitted as soon as possible.
For more information or a FREE consultation, contact R.E. López & Associates, P.C. If you have been involved in an auto accident or any other personal injury accident within the past 2 years, we are ready to answer your questions and discuss your options.
855-RELOPEZ or 855-735-6739